ACHTUNG! GERMAN GROOVES is the name of the new compilation from the BUREAU B. label, Hamburg’s purveyors of quality music. As subtitles go, this one pretty much says it all: 20 INSTRUMENTAL DANCEFLOOR KIILLERS FROM THE 60s AND 70s.
The rehabilitation of German popular musicians continues. Word has got out... James Last, Max Greger and Co. are not so staid and boring as their reputations have led us to believe. In their hearts, jazz is their first love. Sadly, however, earning their keep playing outside the box was not an option. Searching through the record company archives for the good stuff is a long and laborious process. But it has been worth it!
ACHTUNG! GERMAN GROOVES brings together 20 such gems. Wild rare grooves, slick funk workouts, sleazy soul beats, wah-wah guitars, Fender-Rhodes, Hammond organs, meaty drum breaks, snappy horn sections - everything the easygoing 60s and 70s had to offer. Alongside orchestral greats like James Last, Max Greger, Peter Thomas and Ambros Seelos, a number of lesser known, but none the less exciting musicians take a deserved bow. Ady Zehnpfennig, Gerhard Narholz, Hans Haider and the rest, we salute you. ACHTUNG BABY!
Release date: 05.10.2007
1. Ambros Seelos - Mabusso
2. Don Kelly Band - Guitar Shower
3. Gerhard Narholz - Ufo-Invasion
4. James Last - U Humbah
5. Kai Warner and his Orchestra - On The Way To Philadelphia
6. Theo Schumann Combo - Hackepeter
7. Henry Arland - Mamy Blue
8. Peter Thomas Sound Orchester - Chariots Of The Gods
9. Heinz Kiessling - Orbiter
10. Ady Zehnpfennig - Easter Afternoon
11. Max Greger and his Orchestra - Soul Breeze
12. Orchester Günter Gollasch - Es steht ein Haus in New Orleans
13. Pete Jacques - Hard Work
14. Hans Ehrlinger and his Orchestra - One For You – One For Me
15. Catch up - Catch up
16. Helmut Zacharias - The House That Jack Built
17. Roberto Delgado - Mocoto
18. Berry Lipman - “BL”-Special
19. Hans Haider - Sport Extra
20. Orchester Walter Kubiczek - Tigerauge